[Haskell-cafe] parsec2 vs. parsec3... again

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 12:41:47 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I know this has been discussed a number of times, but I have
> some concrete questions I haven't seen asked before.  And the "parsec
> 3 is now as fast as parsec 2" thing I've seen around doesn't seem to
> be true for me.

[ snip responses ]

So it sounds like the consensus is to bite the bullet and try
converting to ByteString + attoparsec and see if that helps.  Or write
attoparsec-text myself, or wait for someone else to do it :)

I might not get around to this real soon, but I'll post my results
when (if) I do.

Thanks for the responses!