[Haskell-cafe] A home-brew iteration-alike library: some extension quiestions

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:54:00 CET 2010

I only have some surface level questions/comments -

What existing packages is this similar to? How is it different from
any previous work in the area?

Also, likes looks like you don't need the 'Monad m' constraint on your
various Monad and Functor instances in Data.Iteration.Types, which I
think is one of the nicest properties of the continuation-based
approach to something like this.

It's a mater of taste which way to go, but I prefer importing modules
qualified rather than have type-suffixes on functions - so I would
rather use 'I.next' and 'A.next' instead of 'nextI' and 'nextA'. But
reasonable people can disagree on this.

Take care,
Antoine