[Haskell-cafe] Offer to mirror Hackage

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Dec 7 14:07:27 CET 2010

Dan Knapp <dankna at gmail.com> writes:

> I agree that signed packages are a good idea.  We should move with all
> haste to implement them.  But I'm not sure we want to hold up
> everything else while we wait for that.

IMO, mirroring is orthogonal to that, too.

> That's also my take on a peer-peer repository, as I said already.

Do you mean a two-way sync here?  I think it'd be way easier to just set
up a slave repo using rsync, and let people edit their .cabal/configs.
But I don't really know the internals, perhaps there are implementation
details of cabal or hackage that complicates this?

-k