[Haskell-cafe] GHC 7.0.1 developer challenges

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat Dec 4 20:12:52 CET 2010

Excerpts from Brandon S Allbery KF8NH's message of Sat Dec 04 13:42:48 -0500 2010:
> We went over this some time back; the GHC runtime is wrong here, it should
> only disable flags when running with geteuid() == 0.  Also, the current
> mechanism for specifying runtime flags at compile time is horridly ugly and
> this really needs to be fixed before any such runtime limitation is viable.
>  I hope that will be fixed in a later point release.

There are many setuid binaries to non-root users, so getuid() != geteuid()
would probably make more sense, though I'm not 100% it has all the correct
security properties.

Edward