[Haskell-cafe] Who's in charge of the new Haskell.org server?

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:29:48 CET 2010

On 1 December 2010 18:55, Christopher Done <chrisdone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If someone will allow me to send them an extension for WikiMedia I will
> write one. It shouldn't be complex at all, so code review will be trivial.
> Please let me know! I'm sure other people here are interested to know who to
> go to to get things like this done.
> It would be cool to write an extension to support an embedded Haskell prompt
> (e.g. tryhaskell.org abd http://haskell.quplo.com/) inside the wiki. It's
> possible to extend the parser to support custom token types[1], so this
> could be a neat addition. For instance, the _Blow your mind_ article is full
> of examples, you can link to them with tryhaskell.org[3], but that's not as
> cool, why not make these runnable inside the page? :-) If tryhaskell.org
> ever goes down the script can just fall back to displaying code.

The recently-formed haskell.org[1] committee is responsible for the server.

We currently only use plugins distributed with debian by default +
very small modifications for backwards compatibility (the <hask> and
<haskell> tags).  The reasoning is that those will be updated
automatically when the server is upgraded.

I think adding new extensions would be possible if they are considered
useful enough.  Running Haskell code has some security implications,
so that'll require a good argument for why it's safe.

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell.org_committee