[Haskell-cafe] Projects that could use student contributions?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 31 16:52:53 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This fall I'll be teaching a half-credit introduction to Haskell to
some undergrads.  As a final project I am thinking of giving them the
option of (instead of developing some program/project of their own)
contributing to an existing open-source Haskell project.  Of course,
this requires the existence of projects they could contribute to.  I'm
sure they exist, but need your help to figure out what they are.  So,
do you maintain, or know of, any projects with the following
characteristics?

  * might conceivably be interesting to undergraduate CS majors

  * simple enough that someone could make some non-trivial
    contributions in the space of 3 or 4 weeks

  * could use some help!

This is a little non-traditional, so we'll see how it goes!

-Brent