[Haskell-cafe] FRP - style

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 20:45:23 EDT 2010

I wanted to learn something about FRP. I tried to use existing packages
on hackage and write something in OpenGL but I failed - mainly due to
problem of handling single occurrence of event[1].

I tried to write my own library
(https://patch-tag.com/r/uzytkownik/reactive-event/home) and I'd like to
ask if I'm doing it from right direction or do I miss some important
aspects of FRP.

I assume that the events are discrete and the value can change (along
with action) only on event.
For specific class of events there exists 'always' event associated with
time [In practice it would mean that it is executed as fast as
possible].

Regards

[1] In retrospection - I should have rely more on immutable data to pass
around information that I did handled event - but it seems for me an
overkill.