[Haskell-cafe] Re: Handling absent maintainers

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 12:28:04 EDT 2010

2010/8/17 Jonas Almström Duregård <jonas.duregard at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Has there been any progress with this package? Like you I have also
> tried to contact Matt and like you I have ended up making my own
> version of src-meta :). When someone assumes maintainership of this
> package I would like to discuss integrating some additions I made to
> the Translation module.
>
> /Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Sorry about the delay. In my version of haskell-src-meta I basically
replaced the entire Language.Haskell.TH.Instances.Lift module with
derivations from the th-lift package whose latest version currently
doesn't build [1]. I had been in contact with the maintainer of the
package who has prepared a version 0.5 and was waiting for them to
upload it so that I could use it as a dependency, but I haven't heard
from them in a week or so. I'll try emailing them again, and as soon
as 0.5 is on hackage I will go ahead with my upload.

I suppose since there's no reason why I deserve maintainership more
than you you could just go ahead and upload your version instead. You
can see exactly what I've done at my github repository [2].

Yours,
Ben Millwood

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/th-lift-0.4
[2] http://github.com/benmachine/haskell-src-meta