[Haskell-cafe] Re: A cabal odyssey

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:16:06 EDT 2010

The latest version of the Haskell Platform is Haskell Platform
2010.2.0.0.

However, even with the latest version,

cabal install cabal-install

installs cabal in the wrong place (not in extralibs/bin) under Windows
at least so it is impossible to upgrade cabal.

Having said that perhaps it is for the best as I have had bad
experiences upgrading bits of the Haskell Platform.

It is probably safer just to be satisfied with whatever comes with the
latest version of the Platform and wait patiently for the next
release.

Kevin