[Haskell-cafe] Re: String vs ByteString

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 06:22:04 EDT 2010

Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> writes:

> Interesting. I've never even heard of Data.Text. When did that come
> into existence?

The first version hit Hackage in February last year...

> More importantly: How does the average random Haskeller discover that
> a package has become available that might be relevant to their work?

Look on Hackage; subscribe to mailing lists (where package maintainers
should really write announcement emails), etc.

It's rather surprising you haven't heard of text: it is for benchmarking
this that Bryan wrote criterion; there's emails on -cafe and blog posts
that mention it on a semi-regular basis, etc.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com