[Haskell-cafe] iPhone/Android and Haskell [Was: Embedded funcional programming?]

Mathew de Detrich deteego at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 19:23:52 EDT 2010

I just did some further talking with Liam, and it appears that the NDK
really just produces an ARM binary which ends up getting linked into the
Dalvik VM files (it isn't platform independant as I thought) which means
that using LLVM to produce an ARM ASM output is a fine choice. By the sounds
of it the NDK is designed to be platform dependant (not independent) so it
appears that if any Android system does come out in the future that doesn't
use ARM, you would have the same issue with NDK

There still however leaves the problem with what to do with Java, because a
proper Android app (not a linux app compiled for ARM) needs to link with
Java to interface with Android