[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell in Industry

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 02:05:50 EDT 2010

Remember that Banks/Financial Firms/Investment Banks were among the first big uses of punch card readers, mainframes, cobol, C, C++ (and OOP), VBA, Java..  I'm not saying if I like any of those languages (my presence on this list should give a clue how I feel) but investment banks picking up FP and Haskell bodes quite well for Haskell in the future.

Max