[Haskell-cafe] Preview the new haddock look and take a short survey

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 22:01:04 EDT 2010

On 5 August 2010 23:35, Dino Morelli <dino at ui3.info> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Mark Lentczner wrote:
>
> One thing I haven't seen anyone else comment on is the width of the new
> docs. I have a large (26") monitor and use the browser full-screen (with
> xmonad, so even more screen space). When I load these pages, particularly
> the non-frame one, something like 50% of my screen real-estate is empty
> whitespace on either side of the doc content. There is also wasted space
> in the frames version, just a little less of it. I wish the docs were
> using that space like the current Haddock does. Is the plan to use a
> fixed width like this?

I too thought this at first, but found it very useable.  Also, it
doesn't seem to be a fixed width: if you increase font size/zoom in,
then the width increases as well (unlike most sites where the font
size is increased but the width of the column it's in doesn't).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com