[Haskell-cafe] Re: can Haskell do everyting as we want?

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:04:35 EDT 2010

In my experience two of the biggest issues in selecting any language
are the pool of potential programmers and the learning curve for the
programmers you already have.

If you only need two programmers to do a project and they both know
Haskell well, then I think Haskell would do almost any job very well.

I also think that the pool of potential Haskell programmers is
growing. But it is still much smaller than many other languages.

I do think that there is a larger learning curve for Haskell than
moving from one imperative language (eg. PHP) to another one (eg.
Ruby).

In my view Haskell programmers are likely to be more productive and
produce more correct (and possibly even more efficient) code once they
know the language well.

Kevin