[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions For An Intro To Monads Talk.

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 17:51:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I am doing an "Intro To Monads" talk in September [1]. The audience consists
of experienced non-Haskell developers but they will be familiar with basic
functional concepts (closures, first-class functions etc.).

I am looking for suggestions on how to introduce the concept and its
implications. I'd also like to include a section on why monads exist and why
we don't really see them outside of Haskell.

Has anyone here done a talk like this? And if so what parts of your
presentation were successful and what would you stay away from.

Thanks for the feedback.
-deech

[1] It's in St.Louis, Missouri at the St.Louis Perl Mongers
meeting<http://St.Louis%20Perl%20Mongers%20meeting>so come on by if
you're around!