[Haskell-cafe] what's the best environment for haskell work?

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Mon Aug 2 10:53:35 EDT 2010

On Jul 31, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:

> Do most people who work with haskell use emacs/vi/eclipse or something
> else??

I work on Mac OS X.

On one machine I have Haskell Platform installed. On the other I have ghc, cabal-install, and various packages installed by hand.

To edit, I use SubEthaEdit with a Haskell mode for editing.

To run, I use various command line (via standard OS X Terminal) tools. I use ghci for poking around, and debugging in the small. For most of my projects, even small ones, I create .cabal files and unit test/quick check suites, then use cabal to build and test.

	- Mark

SubEthaEdit: http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/
Hasekll mode for it: http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/modes/Haskell.mode.zip