[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Improving Cabal's Test Support

Richard G. richardg at richardg.name
Wed Apr 28 16:01:08 EDT 2010

I like this.  One area that would be helpful is the ability to run the
tests when different compile flags are used.  E.g., the HUnit tests have
different behaviors when compiled with and without optimization; it
would be very handy if I could automate the testing of both cases.

I don't believe that testing of multiple compile flags should be done
inside Cabal.  Instead, the arguments that are passed to `cabal
configure' should also be used to build the test programs.  This would
allow a simple script, or a more complex build system, to handle the
testing of both cases.

Richard