[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Improving Cabal's Test Support

Richard G. richardg at richardg.name
Wed Apr 28 04:30:09 EDT 2010

I think that, rather than having Cabal try to combine the results of
different frameworks, Cabal should specify interfaces that frameworks
need to conform to.

E.g., rather than integrating test-framework into Cabal so that HUnit
works with it, modify HUnit so it emits the format that Cabal wants.
And modify test-framework to emit the format that Cabal wants so, if
someone can't convert their test suite to the CabalTest format,
test-framework can act as an intermediary and handle the conversion of
output.

Richard G.