[Haskell-cafe] Profiling

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:59:23 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan,
I tried doing
> cabal install "parsec >= 3" --reinstall --enable-library-profiling
This complained about bytestring ... so I did this -
> cabal install "bytestring" --reinstall --enable-library-profiling
And this complained about base -
Data/ByteString.hs:278:7:
    Could not find module `GHC.ST':
      Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package
`base'?
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
bytestring-0.9.1.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1
[kashyap at trinity318 ~]$ cabal install "base" --reinstall
--enable-library-profiling
Resolving dependencies...
cabal: internal error: impossible

Am I missing something?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> "rodrigo.bonifacio" <rodrigo.bonifacio at uol.com.br> writes:
> > "Could not find module `Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.Language':
> > ....Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package
> `parsec-3.1.0'?
> > ....Use -v to see a list of the files searched for."
>
> How did you install parsec?  You need to rebuild it with profiling
> library support.  If you used cabal-install, you have two options:
>
> 1) set library-profiling to True in ~/.cabal/config and then
>    cabal install parsec --reinstall
> 2) cabal install parsec --reinstall --enable-library-profiling
>
> > When I build the project without the "-prof -auto-all", the project
> > compiles without any error or warning. I build GHC (6.10.4) from
> > source, without changing any build option.
>
> This has nothing to do with GHC.
>
> --
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com