[Haskell-cafe] cabal: other-modules

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 06:02:34 EDT 2010

Johannes Waldmann <waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> writes:

> What is the purpose of the "Other-Modules" section in a cabal file?
> (I.e., can we drop it?)

Non-exported modules.

> If it's just the set of dependencies of the "Exported-Modules",
> then a reasonable build system should be able to figure this out on
> its own.

Explicit is better than implicit; this lets you have hidden modules that
don't get shipped, auto-generated modules, etc.

> The current situation is that I have to manage this list manually
> (or is there some tool?) and if I forget to name some "other-module",
> then "cabal install" happily builds and installs (!) the package anyway,
> but I'm getting linker errors when using it.

Interesting; it normally complains when this occurs (for me at least);
care to share the .cabal file to see which files it didn't complain
about?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com