[Haskell-cafe] cabal: other-modules

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Apr 15 03:24:03 EDT 2010

What is the purpose of the "Other-Modules" section in a cabal file?
(I.e., can we drop it?)

If it's just the set of dependencies of the "Exported-Modules",
then a reasonable build system should be able to figure this out on its own.

The current situation is that I have to manage this list manually
(or is there some tool?) and if I forget to name some "other-module",
then "cabal install" happily builds and installs (!) the package anyway,
but I'm getting linker errors when using it.
This is a nuisance, to say the least.

J.W.