[Haskell-cafe] Hackage accounts and real names

Jonas Almström Duregård jonas.duregard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 11:34:56 EDT 2010

> I think this is a bad idea as it ruins recognisability. How am I meant
> to know that anonymous1 on hackage is the same person as mrfoo on
> haskellwiki, for example?

I should not have to point out how unreliable this method of
identifying individuals is... I suppose there is no way of preventing
mrfoo from adding his nick to the Maintainer or Author fields anyway.

For those who claim that there are no advantages of real name
policy's, consider Facebook. Arguably the astonishing success of
Facebook is utterly based on a real names policy...