[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hackage accounts and real names
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 00:32:22 EDT 2010
On 6 April 2010 14:28, Ertugrul Soeylemez <es at ertes.de> wrote:
> Luke Palmer <lrpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you say convincing, you are talking about yourself being
>> convinced, right? So this paragraph means "The arguments against my
>> position haven't convinced me, but the arguments for my position
> Yes, of course, although I think that I can speak for some others as
So, let me summarise:
1) Hackage currently has a policy (not really a restriction if no Real
World checks are done) that real names should be used.
2) Some people don't like this policy.
3) The people that don't like this policy have reasons why, which
fails to convince people who have no problems with the policy.
4) The people who support the policy don't see why anyone has a problem with it.
5) No-one is convincing anyone else to their point of view, so we have
a stale mate.
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
More information about the Haskell-Cafe