[Haskell-cafe] The 8 Most Important GSoC Projects

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 21:44:24 EDT 2010

Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com> writes:
> I had a little experiment along the lines of "A Package Versioning
> Policy Checker" a few months ago. I got as far as using
> Haskell-src-exts to extract module export list, but didn't work out
> out a hashing scheme for the actual type signatures.

I've been thinking of doing something similar for a year or so now, but
there's one big problem that I can think of: how to deal with functions
that don't have an explicit type signature in the source.  My
understanding is that to derive these signatures at "checking time"
would require using something like the GHC API, which immediately
reduces the "niceness" and portability of such a tool/library.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com