[Haskell-cafe] Exciting job opportunity

siki gabor at karamaan.com
Tue Sep 29 13:51:29 EDT 2009

Principal investment firm based in Manhattan is looking for an outstanding
software developer to maintain and develop proprietary accounting and
portfolio management systems. Job duties will include coding projects as
well as management of outsourced system maintenance.

Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science from
a top university and impeccable coding style. The majority of the
programming is done in JAVA at present, so candidates must have extensive
experience with JAVA and related technologies but we are always
experimenting with the most exciting technologies (e.g. Haskell) and you
will be given freedom in choosing suitable programming languages and
technologies.  Experience working with SQL is a must and familiarity with
functional programming is a plus.  We are looking for a candidate who shows
strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Attention to
detail is essential.  We are a growth oriented firm that values people who
take a craftsman’s pride in their work.  Candidates must have a desire to
constantly improve one's knowledge of programming and the financial markets.
A true love of building quality software and a team spirit is strongly
recommended.  Background in accounting is not necessary but is definitely a
plus.

This is a high-impact, high-visibility job opportunity where successful
candidates will be entrusted with a lot of responsibility for products that
have a direct effect on the P&L of the firm and influences our workflow.

Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment at karamaan.com, thank you.