[Haskell-cafe] Comments requested: succ Java

Curt Sampson cjs at starling-software.com
Sun Sep 27 12:16:53 EDT 2009

No, it's not quite what it sounds like. :-)

Stuart Halloway recently posted a series of blog entries entitled
"Java.next"[1], discussing the benefits of four other languages that
compile to JVM bytecode and interoperate with Java: Clojure, Groovy,
JRuby, and Scala. I thought I'd put my oar in and write a parallel
series comparing Haskell to these. I've finished a draft of the first
posting, started on the third, and made a couple of notes on the second
and fourth, and I thought I'd post the drafts[2] and solicit comments
here. If you have time to read and comment, I'd greatly appreciate the
help; feel free either to e-mail me privately or post here. Also feel
free to forward this to anybody else you feel might be interested in
commenting.

I'll probably be posting these about one per week, starting some time
next week.

[1]: http://blog.thinkrelevance.com/2008/9/24/java-next-overview
[2]: http://www.starling-software.com/en/blog/drafts/2009/09/27.succ-java-summary.html

cjs