[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Darcs Hacking Sprint - 14-15 November Vienna

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 23 11:36:51 EDT 2009

Dear Haskellers,

The Darcs Team will soon be hosting its third hacking sprint.

Details
-------
When : 14-15 November 2009

Where: University of Technology, Vienna, Austria

Who  : Anybody who wants to hack on Darcs (or Camp, Focal, SO6, etc)
       Beginners especially welcome!

Why  : Darcs aims to have bi-annual hacking sprints so that we can
       get together on a regular basis, hold design discussions,
       hack up a storm and have a lot fun.

What : We plan to put some finishing touches on Darcs-2.4.
       Darcs 2.4 is a pretty exciting release because we expect it
       to offer nice performance enhancements from Petr's Google
       Summer of Code Project, and also a nice new 'hunk splitting'
       feature.

       We also intend to set aside at least one Darcs hacker for
       mentoring beginners, so if you're new to Haskell or to Darcs
       hacking, here's a good chance to plunge in and start working
       on a real world project.

How:   Add yourself to http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2009-11
       or email me to let me know you're interested!

Thanks
------
Thanks to our local team David Markvica and Benedikt Huber for
generously offering to host this event!

Thanks also to donors from the last fundraising drive.  We'll be using
that money to help Darcs hackers get to Vienna.

Supporting Darcs
Darcs is a very happy member of the Software Freedom Conservancy.  Among
other things, the Software Freedom Conservancy makes it easy for open
source projects to raise funds and hold assets (as part of a legal
entity).  For more information on supporting Darcs, see
http://darcs.net/donations.html

See you there!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9