[Haskell-cafe] cabal haddock hpc, exposed modules?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:04:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 10:43 -0700, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:

> Duncan wrote:
> > $ cabal haddock --help
> > [...]
> >   --executables          Run haddock for Executables targets
> >   --internal             Run haddock for internal modules and
> include
> >                          all symbols
> > [...]
>
> Great!  Looks like these docs are new to 2.4.x.
>
> $ haddock --version
> Haddock version 2.3.0, (c) Simon Marlow 2006
> Ported to use the GHC API by David Waern 2006-2008
> $ haddock --help | grep internal

Note the command I gave was "cabal haddock" not "haddock". The cabal one
calls haddock with the modules in the .cabal file (and other info like
the package name, version and description).

If what you wanted was to call haddock directly then you can list the
modules you like on the command line. It's usually easier to use the
cabal wrapper however since it passes all the flags to get links to
other packages which otherwise you have to list manually.

Duncan