[Haskell-cafe] how to determine the dependency versions before packaging and submitting to hackage

Andrew U. Frank frank at geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Oct 11 05:41:36 EDT 2009

i plan to submit a package to hackage. i run it on my machine with a cabal file
which has for all dependencies "any" (except for base, where it says >=4.0 --
see previous discussion on haskell-cafe).
i am not certain, if my code runs agains any version, but i fear it is too
restrictive to say >= "current version", which could exclude too much? testing
against all previous versions of the packages seems complicated and very time
consuming.

what is the advice in this case?
thank you

andrew