[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: GPipe-1.0.0: A functional graphics API for programmable GPUs

Petr Pudlak deb at pudlak.name
Wed Oct 7 10:47:15 EDT 2009

    Hi Tobias,

(I'm completely new to GPU programming, so my question may be completely
stupid or unrelated. Please be patient :-).)

Some time ago I needed to perform some large-scale computations
(searching for first-order logic models) and a friend told me that GPUs
can be used to perform many simple computations in parallel. Could GPipe
be used for such a task? I.e. to program some non-graphical,
parallelized algorithm, which could be run on a GPU cluster?

Thanks for your answer,

    Petr