Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Haskell for Physicists

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 3 17:10:31 EDT 2009

dons:
> And note we are pushing precisely on the use of DSLs in or on Haskell
> for *portability* of the domain-scientists code in a number of areas
> right now:
>
>     * data parallel algorithms (targetting cpu , gpu)
>         Accelerate:
>             http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate-0.6.0.0
>         Obsidian
>             http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~joels/writing/dccpaper_obsidian.pdf

Another good example:

    Cell DSL, for Maple users:

       A Domain-Specific Language for the Generation of Optimized SIMD-Parallel Assembly Code
       http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/Publications/TR/Anand-Kahl-2007a_DSL/

           "a domain-specific language embedded into Haskell that allows
            mathematicians to formulate novel high-performance SIMD-parallel
            algorithms for the evaluation of special functions. "

-- Don