[Haskell-cafe] Problems with Language.Haskell.Interpreter and errors

Martin Hofmann martin.hofmann at uni-bamberg.de
Wed Nov 11 03:39:17 EST 2009

I still have problems and your code won't typecheck on my machine
printing the following error:

Test.hs:9:34:
    No instance for (Control.Monad.CatchIO.MonadCatchIO
                       (InterpreterT IO))
      arising from a use of `catch' at Test.hs:9:34-53
    Possible fix:
      add an instance declaration for
      (Control.Monad.CatchIO.MonadCatchIO (InterpreterT IO))
    In the first argument of `runInterpreter', namely
        `(code `catch` handler)'
    In the second argument of `(=<<)', namely
        `(runInterpreter (code `catch` handler))'
    In the expression:
          print =<< (runInterpreter (code `catch` handler))

I assume we are using different versions of some packages. Could you
please send me the output of your 'ghc-pkg list'.

Thanks,

Martin