[Haskell-cafe] getting ready to sprint! darcs: 14-15 Nov, Portland/Vienna

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Nov 8 17:19:42 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

We're less than one week away from the third Darcs Hacking Sprint, taking place
in Portland and in Vienna on 14-15 November.

Everybody is welcome (Haskell and Darcs newbies included), but please do let us
know if you're thinking of attending!

Preflight checklist
-------------------
We've got our work cut out for us, so we want to make sure that we can hit the
ground running.  Here are three things each participant can do to help:

 1. Request a code.haskell.org account
    http://community.haskell.org/admin/

 2. Build Darcs (install the Haskell Platform if needed)

    cabal install darcs
    darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net darcs
    cd darcs
    cabal install

 3. Tell Eric your code.haskell.org login
    This is so that I can add you to the Darcs group

Vienna Friday
-------------
There's going to be quite a few of us arriving in Vienna on Friday.

I propose we meet up at the Hostel Ruthensteiner, say at 11:00 for morning
arrivals and 16:30 for those of us getting there in the afternoon.  Perhaps we
could walk around a bit, have a nice relaxed chat, find some food :-)

  http://www.hostelruthensteiner.com/

Meetings
--------
There are few things we'll be talking about over the sprint (eg, darcs 2.4, SVN
integration, filecache).  If you're interested in joining in, please put your
name down on the wiki so that we can work out a rough schedule.

  http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2009-11

Nothing formal.  Maybe just lunch and me scribbling in a notebook.  Or maybe
Darcs Hackers gesticulating wildly in front a white board.

See you there
That's all for now.  Please shout if you have any questions or last minute
comments.  Otherwise, I'm really excited about this and looking forward to
seeing you all this weekend!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9