[Haskell-cafe] virus/trojan in bamse package?

Daniel van den Eijkel dvde at gmx.net
Sat Nov 7 10:28:24 EST 2009

hi,

my Avira antivirus program says that there is a trojan in the
bamse-0.9.5 package. I downloaded the hackage-torrent a week ago, and
Avira says "TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen" is in bamse. To be sure, I downloaded
bamse-0.9.5 from hackage today, and now avira says less specificly that
there are "some viruses and/or unwanted programs" inside.

Since I have some trojan trouble for a few days now, bamse might be the
reason for that, but I am not sure. Maybe it is a false alarm, I can't
determine this. (bamse is a framework for building Windows Installer, so
it might contain code that looks like a virus or alike wrongly?)

Does anybody know if this is really a virus/trojan?

Best regards,
Daniel