[Haskell-cafe] What's the deal with Clean?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Nov 4 00:19:57 EST 2009

> On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Deniz Dogan wrote:
>> So what's the deal with Clean? Why is it preferable to Haskell? Why is
>> it not?
> (1) Speed.

I'd strongly argue that speed is not a reason to use Clean -- esp. if
you have more than one core:

Nor a reason to use OCaml, for that matter:

The Haskell compiler isn't the bottleneck. Use it when performance matters. I do.

Reading the OP's statements, though, it seems picking the right library
is more of a problem. And widespread expertise in fast Haskell.

-- Don