[Haskell-cafe] Generating Haskell with associated types (and kind annotations)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:49:07 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

> I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions on a good way to
> generate repetitive code with associated types and kind annotations.

haskell-src-exts is the answer:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/haskell-src-exts

>From the project description:

"Haskell-Source with Extensions (HSE, haskell-src-exts) is an
extension of the standard haskell-src package, and handles most common
syntactic extensions to Haskell, including: ... Indexed type families
(including associated types)"

I've used the project extensively in HLint
(http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hlint) and
it works fantastically.

Thanks

Neil