[Haskell-cafe] Generating Haskell with associated types (and kind annotations)

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:24:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions on a good way to
generate repetitive code with associated types and kind annotations.
I'd like to use TH but as far as I understand, it doesn't support this
yet (I think associated types are in HEAD but not kinds), so for now
I've been using ruby with string interpolation, which feels rather
ugly. It means that I have to edit the ruby script and regenerate the
file in question each time I make a change, which doesn't fit in very
nicely with cabal (or my patience) and so on. Ideally, I'd have
something that I can write mostly like real Haskell (with "holes" to
substitute values into), that can be integrated nicely into the cabal
build system without using custom external preprocessors or anything
like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan