[Haskell-cafe] WolframAlpha

Warren Henning warren.henning at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:13:01 EDT 2009

>From what I recall of Mathematica the language, it has more in common
with Lisp than Haskell: it's symbolic, dynamically typed, etc.

Allegedly Wolfram spent years on this; if it has any merit,
duplicating it would be difficult.

What I'd like to see most is WolframAlpha in action. At this point it
is vaporware to me and for all I know this could be the beginning of a
neverending charade of "coming to a Interwebs near you Real Soon Now"
every few months for the next 10 years, like Duke Nukem Forever.

Warren