[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Arrows Applications

Steffen Schuldenzucker Steve.Schuldenzucker at web.de
Wed May 6 11:16:16 EDT 2009

On 07:33 Wed 06 May     , Hannousse wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested to the concept of arrows in Haskell, however, I couldn't find
> a real application or example using this new technology in a real world
> application. All what I found are just academic examples and other people
> developing new specific libraries using arrows.Could someone, please, give
> me a reference to one of the real applications that uses arrows.

Hi.

HXT, the Haskell XML Toolbox [1], uses Arrows to define filters and
modifications of XML trees. A structure called ListArrow can return
several results, the Arrow combinators allow them to be used together in
a clean way. There are Arrows that carry mutable state and perform IO,
too.
Also see the wiki page [2] and Hackage documentation [3].

It took me a while to understand what really goes on, but worked quite
well then.

Steffen

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hxt
[2] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/HXT