[Haskell-cafe] Reply to

David Miani davidmiani at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:57:16 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 20:42:38 Daniel Fischer wrote:

> Indeed. I have reply, reply-to-all and reply-to-list one click or one key
> combination away, and as far as I know those features are present in almost
> all mail clients since several years, so ease of replying to list shouldn't
> be an issue.
> On the other hand, I do not want messages intended to be private
> communications to end up on the list, which would happen more easily with
> munged headers.
>
> So, count me in the leave-reply-to-alone camp.

There is a lot of combinations that can occur when replying to a message on a
mailing list.

**Situation 1**:
Parent Message Header:
From: parent at email.com

To reply to this, I could either use the following recipients:

Reply method 1
(This happens when I choose "Reply" or "Reply to mailing list" with kmail)

Reply method 2
(Have to set recipients manually with this)
(This happens when I choose "Reply to all" with kmail)
CC: parent at email.com

Reply method 4
(Have to set recipients manually with this)
(This happens when I choose "Reply to author" with kmail)
And to reply to this, I could use any of the following:

Reply method 1
(This happens when I choose "Reply" or "Reply to mailing list" with kmail)

Reply method 2
(This happens when I choose "Reply to all" with kmail)
CC: parent at email.com
CC: grand-parent at email.com

Reply method 3
CC: parent at email.com

Reply method 5
(Have to set recipients manually with this)