[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Silkworm game

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:10:56 EDT 2009

I'm not too much of an expert in Haskell, but I did notice that
building the game required keeping track of a lot of state
information, which was not very intuitive in Haskell (although the
OpenGL state info is rather intuitive).  If I were to do it in Haskell
again, I would try to learn more about FRP (Functional Reactive
Programming) and see if that improves things in terms of state.

Ruby is my favorite imperative language, so I would certainly
recommend it for game development.  It would likely be much easier in
Ruby, but perhaps a little slower.  My experience with Ruby on Rails
has been that it is always a little slower than I wish it were :)

-- Duane