[Haskell-cafe] Decoupling OpenAL/ALUT packages from OpenGL

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:23:06 EDT 2009

I think splitting this up is a good thing, and at first sight I thought it
was overkill to make 3 micro packages, but when thinking twice I believe it
is indeed the way to go:
- Having StateVar into its own module will hopefully promote its reuse by
other imperative wrapper libs which currently all have their own custom
code.

- I usually tend to rewrite my own strict vectors but I would prefer to
reuse the ones defined in OpenGL, so definitely these should go into a
package. It would also be nice to have another package that makes
Data.VectorSpace instances for each of these types. I have no idea about a
good package name :(

- I'm not sure about the ObjectName package, but it certainly does not
belong in any of the previous two packages, so it should go into another
package.