[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: wxAsteroids 1.0

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 01:09:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:34:06 +0100, "Henk-Jan van Tuyl"
<hjgtuyl at chello.nl> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:41:57 +0100, Henk-Jan van Tuyl <hjgtuyl at chello.nl>
>wrote:
>

>> Your space ship enters an asteroid belt, try to avoid
>> collisions!
>>
>> wxAsteroids is a game demonstrating the wxHaskell GUI.
>>
>> More about this at:
>>    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/wxAsteroids
>
>Maybe I should add more informationn to this:
>
>The main purpose of this game is to learn how to use wxHaskell; it
>also shows, in the main function, how a cabalized program can find its
>data files.
>
>I don't want to take the credit for this program; I took the source code
>and images from the paper:
>    wxHaskell - A Portable and Concise GUI Library for Haskell [1]
>by Daan Leijen. If you want to learn how to use wxHaskell, I can advise
>you to read this paper.
>
>Daan gave me permission to publish the code with a BSD license.
>
>[1] http://legacy.cs.uu.nl/daan/download/papers/wxhaskell.pdf

This sounds entertaining, but according to the HaskellWiki entry for
GuiTV (see http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GuiTV), "wxHaskell ... can
be difficult to install."

Has this difficulty been resolved?  I am somewhat hesitant to install
wxHaskell because of this reported difficulty.  Has anybody had any
recent difficulties in installing this package combination on Windows
XP Professional, Service Pack 2?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^