[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: wxAsteroids 1.0

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Mar 27 10:34:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:41:57 +0100, Henk-Jan van Tuyl <hjgtuyl at chello.nl>
wrote:

> Your space ship enters an asteroid belt, try to avoid
> collisions!
>
> wxAsteroids is a game demonstrating the wxHaskell GUI.
>
> More about this at:
>    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/wxAsteroids

Maybe I should add more informationn to this:

The main purpose of this game is to learn how to use wxHaskell; it
also shows, in the main function, how a cabalized program can find its
data files.

I don't want to take the credit for this program; I took the source code
and images from the paper:
    wxHaskell - A Portable and Concise GUI Library for Haskell [1]
by Daan Leijen. If you want to learn how to use wxHaskell, I can advise
you to read this paper.

Daan gave me permission to publish the code with a BSD license.

[1] http://legacy.cs.uu.nl/daan/download/papers/wxhaskell.pdf

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl