[Haskell-cafe] Re: Really need some help understanding a solution

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Thu Mar 26 22:23:32 EDT 2009

Gü?nther Schmidt wrote:
> The depth this language has is just amazing and the stuff that is
> tackled in this language is just .... aaahhh. Can't quite put it in
> words, maybe something along the lines "the ultimate thing, key to the
> universe" I don't know.
>
> Humbling and frustrating especially when you come across the Lukes and
> they do to you what he did to me in about 12 lines of code. And then you
> come across the blogs of the Lukes and see all the other things where
> you stand in awe and your jaw drops. And you realize how far away from
> that you still are.

If you enjoy jaw-dropping brain-exploding fun, have you seen Martin
Escardo's work on exhaustively searching infinite spaces?

http://math.andrej.com/2007/09/28/seemingly-impossible-functional-programs/
http://math.andrej.com/2008/11/21/a-haskell-monad-for-infinite-search-in-finite-time/

--
Live well,