[Haskell-cafe] Re: about Haskell code written to be "too smart"

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Mar 25 02:52:45 EDT 2009

Manlio Perillo wrote:
> Conal Elliott ha scritto:
>> Manlio,
>>
>> We live in the age of participation -- of co-education.  Don't worry
>> about text-books.  Contribute to some wiki pages & blogs today that
>> share these smart techniques with others.
>>

> When I started learning Haskell (by my initiative), what I did was:
>
> [steps 1) - 9), mostly internet tutorials ]

I think you'd have had a much easier time by starting with a proper book
right away, like Richard Bird's "Introduction to Functional Programming
in Haskell", accompanied by Real World Haskell. You see, the reason that
books cost money is (should be) high quality content. :)

Regards,
apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com