[Haskell-cafe] Re: The votes are in!

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Tue Mar 24 10:50:58 EDT 2009

Eelco Lempsink <eelco at lempsink.nl> wrote:

> My preference
> would be to have one person with sense of (and education in, if
> possible) design make some nice looking variations and have a second
> (final) round of voting, but, we could also do the wiki-thing again ;)

That was the plan, yes. This time 'round, we should nitpick about
half-a-point-off layouts, as well as require sanely-written svg's or
even metapost, so we have clearly defined proportions of linewith vs.
gapwidth and so on.

I'm not sure whether it's good to deal with layout and colour in one
voting, the bickering about the last vote suggests it's better to do
multiple votes with a smaller quantity of options.

I'd say the next round is about triples of monochrome a) logo
appearance, b) logo with "Haskell" c) logo with "Haskell" and slogan.

...the problem being, we don't have an official slogan, yet. Maybe
there shouldn't be one and the candidates should just give example
layouts for a short, medium and long slogan.

Colour can be dealt with later, and t-shirt manufacturers can already
now begin to print variations that don't qualify for letter-heads, like
lambda-bind shaped quines and stuff.