[Haskell-cafe] I can't install hs-plugins beceause of Linker.h

Yuri Kashnikoff yuri.kashnikoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:38:55 EDT 2009

Hi!

I was trying to install hs-plugins both from sources "$./Setup.lhs
..." and with "$cabal fetch&&cabal install" and both failed.
It always reports that Linker.h is missing. I have tried to use
--extra-include-dirs with path to ghc-6.10.1 dir and
ghc-6.10.1/include dir. Nothing changed.

Here is a report from Setup.lhs:

Setup.lhs:2:2:
    Warning: In the use of `defaultUserHooks'
             (imported from Distribution.Simple):
             Deprecated: "Use simpleUserHooks or autoconfUserHooks,
unless you need Cabal-1.2
             compatibility in which case you must stick with defaultUserHooks"
Warning: defaultUserHooks in Setup script is deprecated.
Configuring plugins-1.4.0...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package ghc-6.10.1 requires Cabal-1.6.0.1
package plugins-1.4.0 requires Cabal-1.6.0.2
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
checking for ghc... ghc
checking for value of __GLASGOW_HASKELL__... 610
checking for ghc library directory... /opt/local/lib/ghc-6.10.1/.
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for arc4random... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.mk
config.status: creating testsuite/makewith/io/TestIO.conf
config.status: creating testsuite/makewith/unsafeio/Unsafe.conf
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
Setup.lhs: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
* Missing header file: Linker.h
This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
--extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.

--
Yuri S. Kashnikov
Novosibirsk State University, Russia
yuri.kashnikoff at gmail.com