[Haskell-cafe] Generics Versus Parametric Polymorphism

Mark Spezzano mark.spezzano at chariot.net.au
Wed Mar 11 02:11:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

Just wondering if Generics and Parametric polymorphism are one and the same
in Haskell.

I read (somewhere!) an article stating that generics might be included in
Haskell Prime but I thought that they’re already included as parametric
polymorphism.

Did I misread something? Or is generics in Haskell referring to something
completely different.

Cheers,

Mark Spezzano

Checked by AVG.