[Haskell-cafe] Re: Logo Preferences

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:41:18 EDT 2009

I agree that we should use the first round of voting to learn what the
general consensus of the Haskell community is on a logo design "idea"
(and to filter out the non-viable logos).

In the spirit of bikeshedding, I would love to see---and would
volunteer to spend part of a day editing, say, the top one or two
logos, in Photoshop---generating numerous variations on fonts, colors
(text, emblem and background), and relative font/emblem sizes.
(Alternately, the original author of the favorite logo(s) could
produce said variations.) Then I think we should vote on the final
minor variations.

I can *almost* picture a few of the current logos becoming the Final
logo, but not As Is; there are many great ideas but some of them (or
combinations of a few of them) could be improved in minor ways,
bringing things (at least to me) up to professional level for a logo.
(cf. the python.org logo)

  Jared.